Writing for Mt Zion Ridge Press
- All genres of Christian fiction featuring intriguing characters with grit and determination, facing real-life challenges head-on, through faith and conviction. We DO NOT accept profanity, occult, graphic sex scenes, or books without a Christian world view.
- Christian non-fiction books, Bible studies, and devotionals that have solid Biblical teaching without the fluff for those who want to go deeper in their faith. We only accept books that are in full agreement with Scripture.
We are not taking submissions for the following at this time:
- Children’s Church Curriculum
- Collections of Stories or Poems
- Anything that has already been published.
- Anything that goes against a Christian world view.
Open for Submissions
Agented and Requested Submissions: Agents may submit work at any time. We request first two to three chapters (or 30 pages), last two chapters (or 30 pages), and a synopsis in an attached document. All manuscripts must be complete at time of submission. Send to email@example.com.
Querying Process for Unagented Submissions: Our standard submission process is to accept queries first.
Please follow the following submission process to the letter.
To start out, send us ONLY a query letter to MtZionRidgePress@gmail.com. Subject line should say query and your title. We don’t need to see your brilliance during the query process. We only want to see if you can follow directions and if your work might be a right fit for us. Please include the following in the body of your email:
- Slug line/elevator pitch for your book
- 2 paragraph back cover blurb (NO synopsis)
- Word count
- Your book must be complete, not a WIP or proposed project.
- Your book must contain a Christian worldview. (Note: if you don’t know what that means, chances are good we aren’t for you.)
- No gratuitous sex/violence/profanity/occult
Do not submit anything that has already been published elsewhere.
We want to work with your agent, if you have one, from the beginning — agents can submit ANY genre at ANY time and can skip the query process. Agents are not required.
We will respond within 2 weeks on queries. We will acknowledge receipt of query — if you don’t get an acknowledgment within 3 days of querying, we probably didn’t receive it. Please re-send and say this is your second attempt.
If we are interested in your query, we will ask for a synopsis, the 1st 2 chapters/1st 30 pages and last 2 chapters/30 pages. Make sure they are polished with no head hopping, grammatical mistakes, or typing errors. At this point, we accept simultaneous submissions.
We will respond within 3 months. If you don’t hear from us by the end of those 3 months, contact us. We WILL acknowledge receipt of the materials — again, if you don’t hear from us within 3 days of sending your requested materials, contact us again.
If we ask for a full manuscript, we would like a 2 month exclusive look.